If you wish to have restoration work carried out on your billiard table it is necessary for the table to be transported to our factory; moving costs become involved.
Restoration work is often expensive, so, before proceeding, it’s important to balance the cost against the likely value of the table.
With the polished woodwork of the table restoration may include:
- Patching or replacing some damaged areas
- Stripping or sanding areas to remove damaged existing finishes.
- Sanding or hand turning table legs
- Re-polishing all of the show woodwork; or
- Re-polishing some areas and using the existing polish base to lift the finish on others
As far as the slate bed of the table is concerned, restoration work may involve:
- Erecting the table framework and re-planing the surface
- Fitting the slate bed and repairing slates
- Fitting new wooden linings
- Adjusting pocket opening profiles
- Re-fitting or replacing slate dowels
- Grinding the slate bed true to spirit level and straight edge