Replacing The Cloth On The Table
Fitting new cloth to your table is usually caried out on site.
For tables at home, you may not need to fit new cloth for many years.
With club tables, fitting new cloth may occur as often as once per year.
At Heiron & Smith fitting new cloth to your billiard table includes:
- Removing the present cloth
- Cleaning the surface of the slate bed; checking and repairing minor damage as required
- Checking wooden cushion slips/feather strips and replacing if required
- Fitting new cloth to the table cushions
- Checking pocket nets and pocket leathers; advising the customer of any problems
- Fitting new cloth to the bed of the table; ironing, marking and spotting the new cloth
- Re-assembling the table and checking and adjusting the level
Replacing The Pockets
With pocket nets and leathers, at Heiron & Smith
We advise as to the condition of pockets and replace them as you direct.
Fitting New Cushions
Typically you don’t need to replace the table cushions for many years after purchase.
But cushion replacement is a sizeable expense.
At Heiron & Smith we carry out cushion replacement partly on site and partly at our workshop.
With this work our Heiron and Smith Fitter:
- Removes the cushion rails of the table from your home or club to our workshop.
- Usually removes the existing cushions from the main cushion rails
- Prepares the cushion rail surfaces
- Glues and screws new wooden cushion blocks to the cushion rails
- Fits new cushion rubber to the cushion blocks
- Cuts and shapes the cushion rubber as appropriate
- Fits new wooden fillets
- Fits lining tape
- Covers the completed cushions in new cloth
- Returns to your Table and re-fits the cushion rails.